20 November, 2012 at 09:11 (Life, Princess, See)
Yes. Those two somewhat goes hand in hand, generally. But in this case it’s not.
I never stop feeling guilty because Darling and I scheduled our short holiday on the same weekend my niece got married. The main and only reason was that I thought that my niece’s wedding would be in December, as initially planned.
Anyway, the damage is done. My niece is happily married and I enjoyed the short holiday. Hehe.. okay. I made it up. I went to the berkampung session during Deepavali and helped to prepare the door gift and such. And apologized to my cousin for not being able to attend the wonderful day. So everyone is clear and happy.
About the holiday. It was really cool and wonderful. Both Ryn and Lyn truly enjoyed it. We had fun at the Snow City, Science Center and the Eye of Singapore. Not to mention Legoland (where both Ryn and Lyn were estactic about the whole thing) and the JPO, of course.. hehehehehe.. all in all, it’s just lovely.
I would visit Legoland again after the waterpark is completed and opened. And I am considering of buying annual pass.
P/S: We postpone our USS visit until Lyn gets to enjoy it too….
31 August, 2012 at 21:03 (Life)
2 in 1 – Hari Raya and Merdeka celebrations…
Ok.. let’s see what happened during Hari Raya..
Oh.. same usual routine, made ketupat daun palas, with rendang ayam pencen and rendang daging. Went to the in-laws in the morning then off we went around to visit the relatives.
Second day, we went to PD, and spent the whole day there. The next day we went to JB and Singapore. Everything was fine. Ryn and Lyn enjoyed those trips tremendously and of course, yours truly acted as the “finance manager” counting all the duit rayas… hehehehe…
Merdeka? Yeah, our beloved country is already 55 years old. Golden age. I just hope that we can still survive peacefully and better despite all the negativity and pessimism around us. My personal view – better to work with the devil you know than the angel that you just met.
What did I do today? Hmm.. nothing much. Household chores and a bit of shopping. Yes. It’s my retail therapy.
24 July, 2012 at 10:54 (Life, See)
What is/are the most common thing(s) that we see during Fasting Month?
1. Pasar Ramadhan or Param they call it, suddenly appears everywhere
2. There is some sort of unofficial competition on Facebook announcing to the world what would be the menu for buka puasa – be it home-cooked or Param-cooked or even at some nice venues like hotel or fancy restaurants. And this is on daily basis, with pictures too.
3. Weekend errands – shopping for Hari Raya – how many baju rayas to buy, how many kasut rayas to buy, house makeovers, holiday plans etc.
4. Twitting or updating FB status on traffic situation – good or bad. Or at times, having to buka puasa in the car and the same time, cursing everyone.
5. Sahur activities on FB or Twitter – where, how, when and with whom. Even if there isn’t any, the whole world needs to know.
6. ………………… (please help to add..)